Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Better Day

So an interesting tidbit: I was googling my blog name, because that is how I always get to my blog (I know, it's lame. I could just, you know, bookmark the stupid thing, I guess) and I noticed all of these other 'DINORIOT' references on facebook and what not. Apparently it is some boy band with 3 boys. Huh. Weird.  I wonder who is older: me or them? I started this blog in 2008. Do I win?

But to something more important, yesterday and today were good mood days. I didn't get crazy angry at anyone at work and I generally felt... pleased. Mostly. I'm still working on being satisfied with my life and with myself. Some moments (or whole days) are really, really difficult. I like when they aren't, but you know how it goes.

My work space has been surrounded by a wall of boxes for.. oh... 3 months. It really starts to make you feel cramped in and totally messes with your ability to work. But today we finally got them cleared away and it felt like cobwebs being dusted away or taking a big deep breath and sighing and feeling so good after. It's so open and I feel that I can think again. THAT made me so happy. I'm actually looking forward to going into work tomorrow, just so I can be in that open space, haha. Now I just need to deal with all the stacks of 'to-dos' on my desk and I'm golden for Monday.

I've been toying with the idea of trying to go back off all grains. I did it for only two weeks in January, but I felt so much better. It's hard, because they are so tasty and incredibly easy/versatile/convenient. It's like, when you don't want to eat something, that item is everywhere you look. Instead of moaning about how, "I want that, but I can't have it," I told myself: "I CAN have it, but I DON'T want it."

That was the trick. And it worked, until I quit saying it at least.

I also feel that I should start some sort of inspiration board. Maybe that will do it's little part to make myself feel better. I've been in such a funk since the start of the new year. October to December KILLED me and now I'm just floundering in the muck. I need to get out of it and figuring out a route is taking a long time. I don't really know where to go. This probably isn't even making any sense who's reading this, but it does to me. I am not satisfied and I want to be. I am not happy (like I used to be), and I want that back. Do I need a psychologist or something? (I've actually looked into it, but the cost for a GOOD doctor is kind of holding me back) I'm just at a loss so often anymore!

Ugh, anyway. 
Yesterday I spent all my free time reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I read it for a few hours after work and finished it probably by 9pm. It was SO GOOD. Oh gosh, I laughed out loud and cried a bit here and there. I love the characters. It felt like it could have been real. I would have liked there to have been more since I'm sad it ended, but it was a very good ending. I will read this again and I encourage YOU to read it as well! It's available in audio book if you don't have time to sit and read it. :)

During lunchtime I mailed a bunch of postcards and letters to friends and family. I'm (impatiently) awaiting my Canada Post stamp purchase to arrive in the mail. I have lots more that I want to send and I need my stamps!!! I also ordered a return address stamp from VistaPrint over the weekend. I'm super pumped to get that. I've always wanted one and now I have one. Hooray for the simple things.

This turned out to be a lot longer and a lot more random than intended, but there it is. I did get a handful of postcards this week in the mail via www.postcrossing.com, which makes me feel much better after getting home from work. I'll post some pictures on Friday.


Today I mailed to: Desiree, Stephanie N., Holly x2, postcrossers

No comments:

Post a Comment