Saturday, March 9, 2013

In the Middle of the Night

Okay, so I lied. I didn't post yesterday, but I'm doing it now.

This past week I received four postcards in the mail. I love getting them! They really make my day so much better, especially when I've had a really mentally draining day at work. It's a nice little treat when I get home and check the mailbox.
Top: Mariet in Netherlands and Ghimseng in Singapore Bottom: Alma in Lithuania and Carina in Germany 

And yesterday I got something I'm way too excited about, given at what it is: a return address stamp! I've always wanted one (because I'm obsessed with stationery crap) and now I've finally got one! I ordered it on VisaPrint via their 'free stamp' option. I only paid for shipping (which was less than $10.00CAD). I imagine it would have been cheaper in I still lived in the States, but I don't. I used it on a letter to my mom last night! I actually stamped it three time... I guess I got a little carried away?
I love this a little too much.

My landlords (let's call them MH and CB) live upstairs (M and I rent the ground level of their house) and they've been expecting their first baby since last weekend. S/he's a little overdue, I guess! But after midnight last night, MH went into labor  I've never heard anyone go into labor. It was very different and I guess not really what I was expecting? I don't know what I was expecting, shoot. Her husband seemed very calm, I could hear his footsteps clearly above me. I'm not sure where MH was in the house, maybe the bathroom? Where does one go to 'chill' while they are in labor? I have no idea, I couldn't imagine it very well. Plus I was tired. I was awake for about 45 minutes maybe and then I fell asleep. When I woke again at 8am, their car was gone and it was very quiet upstairs. They still aren't back, so I guess they went to hospital eventually? I hope everything is okay! I'm excited to meet their little baby. :3 :3

There is a poutine festival today, but I don't think I'm going. Sad! Poutine can be very, very tasty. How could you say no to gravy and fries?!? With cheese!! AAgh!

Letters: Mom x1 (will mail Monday)

No comments:

Post a Comment